Some of us are lucky enough to have both a cat and a dog in our lives. We are what the animal community refers to as “bipetual”. Bipetual peeps understand dog and cat behavior. Then there’s the rest of the world.
Dogs and cats are definitely different. Some traits are downright charming. While others, well, let’s just say… it’s a good thing love is unconditional!
Here are 12 charming reminders of why cats and dogs are different and why we love them oh so much:
1) Cats knock stuff over. Just to annoy you.
2) Dogs, no matter how stinky their breath is, will continuously lick you whether you like it or not.
3) Cats have a unique take on playtime. Or catfights. Especially at 3 a.m.
4) The car ride is usually not a cat thing…
5) Cats are rarely fans of dress-up.
6) Dogs are downright fascinated with mail time and the mail carrier. Whether he likes to be “love-mauled” or not.
7) A dog person may not realize that cats can actually fly.
8) Dogs like to roll in stinky poo. While cats spend hours grooming themselves.
9) Cats can be downright rude (and that only makes them cuter).
10) Cat people know that their love is reserved and specific while dogs are happy to make out with whomever they meet. Traitor!
11) Cats somehow manage to make ‘skin nibbles’ part of their charm. OUCH!
12) Cats are nimble enough to fit where they need to go and take care of their own business. While dogs bark incessantly until we obey their commands.
We love our pets, whether they’re feline or canine. What makes your cat or dog unique? Tell us in the comment section and don’t forget to include photos!
Feature image via Sad And Useless