Young couldn’t understand how this could happen. Why didn’t Petey pull the bag off of his head with his paws?

He was extremely smart and agile. So, she did research of her own and found information that NO ONE ever talks about. Young wants to spread the word so pet owners know the dangers of leaving potato chip, popcorn, cereal, bread and even dog treat bags lying around. They can pose a serious threat to our beloved animals.

 

 

“3-5 pet suffocation’s get reported every week and 42% of those occur while the owner is in the next room. It only takes about 3 minutes for their oxygen to drop to fatal levels. With this happening so often we were so surprised by the lack of awareness on this topic out there.”

 

What’s even more shocking is that pet parents have no idea. No one talks about the dangers of these everyday food items and by the time many of these pet parents realize the hazards, it’s too late!

Both Young and her boyfriend Christian, want to spread awareness so one good thing can come out of this tragedy, so that others don’t have to suffer the same fate.

 

 

“So I just ask that in honor of my boy Petey that you be extra careful, warn other dog owners & give your fur babies some extra love today and every day after this. I pray none of you ever have to experience your heartbreaking this way. We love you papas you were the best boy in the whole world & we will remember our good times forever”

 

In honor of Petey and his grieving parents, please share this story to protect other pets and pet parents from this hidden danger.