If sharing a healthy smoothie with your dog sounds like yummy fun, this recipe is made for you. Not only does this green smoothie look delicious, but it is packed with healthy vitamins.
The items in this recipe each have a delicious benefit to your pup’s health but don’t tell your dog. She’ll just love how good it tastes.
*Always check with your veterinarian before making any dietary adjustments to your dog’s meals.*
- One cup of water.
- Two fresh pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- Two stalks of celery, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated (use a cheese grater – it makes it so easy!)
- ½ fresh cucumber, not peeled, roughly chopped
- One cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup fresh mango, roughly chopped
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Pulse until very smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into little bowls for your dogs, or pour into ice cube trays to freeze for frozen treats!
- Pears are a great source of copper as well as vitamins C and K.
- Celery is good for a dog’s heart while helping freshen her breath.
- Ginger is a wonderful antioxidant and is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cucumber is low in carbohydrates and full of goodness like vitamins K, C, and B1.
- Green peas are a great source of protein and fiber
- Mango is full of vitamins A, B, C6, and E. NEVER feed a dog the mango pit or seed, as it is toxic.
Watch the step-by-step video below from Pankobunny who did an amazing job preparing this for her cute dogs. Enjoy!