It’s one of those stories you hear about and think it can never happen to you. Essex County Fire and Rescue Service are warning people to keep kitchen appliances out of the reach of prying paws.

A fire that began in a home located 25 miles east of London was caused by a dog. When fire and rescue showed up, the kitchen was full of smoke.

Source: Daniel Tausis/Unsplash

At the same time. the owner of the property and dog watched in horror via a camera feed on his cell phone. He watched the smoke coming from his kitchen and knew something was wrong.

Unfortunately, the dog bumped the microwave and a package of bread rolls was inside.

Source: Toimetaja tõlkebüroo/Unsplash

Geoff Wheal, watch manager at Corringham Fire Station, reported to CNN that the incident could have been more serious. He shares several warnings to prevent house fires in your own residence.

“Our advice is to always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging,” he shared. “Animals or children can turn them on more easily than you might think, so please don’t run the risk.”

Thankfully, the dog was not injured in the incident.