The Kamloops Fire Department claims they don’t rescue cats from trees lately, but they do save dogs from scary couches. It took a team of five firefighters to free a tiny dog who got her head stuck in the reclining mechanism of her owner’s couch in British Columbia, Canada. The dog, a Terrier named Bean, really got herself in a dangerous predicament. She was walking under the couch and had no idea her head could not fit through the mechanism.

Source: Kamloops Fire Rescue/Facebook

Each of the crew members worked together to free the frightened pup, whose owners report is doing fine since her extraction. Her mom and dad tried everything to free her, but they were fearful she could be hurt, so they summoned the professionals. If they tried to move the couch, little Bean would certainly be injured, so calling for professional help was necessary.

Source: Kamloops Fire Rescue/Facebook

On Facebook, the Kaloomps Fire Department shared a message from the grateful owner, in which she said, “I called the Fire Department and within a few minutes a team of them showed up and dismantled the couch to get her out. They were really calm and really cared about Bean’s safety. We are very thankful for a great crew in this city.”

Source: Kamloops Fire Rescue/Facebook

Pet parents are urged to keep a close eye on their dogs and cats or any small animal who might burrow or get stuck in furniture. Small dogs can become lodged in couches, sofas, and even in the mechanisms that support them. Thank goodness little Bean will be okay!