A good Samaritan dropped a two-year-old Pit Bull mix off at the Madison County Humane Society, after they found her in a box in a dumpster in Anderson, Indiana.

After first seeing the dog, shelter staff feared she wouldn’t make it. Her skin was in such bad shape that they originally thought someone had poured acid on her.

Luckily, that wasn’t the case, but it was still one of the worst infections the shelter has ever seen.

The dog, now named Nestle, was covered in itchy, painful scabs from untreated infections and mange, which caused her to lose most of hair.

Poor Nestle laid in the dumpster, unable to feel any relief for her skin, not knowing if she’d ever be rescued.

Nestle was immediately taken to the vet, where she received a medicated bath to get the scabs and blood off and help her feel better.

She will received medicated baths every two days, and is also on medication for her fungal infection.

She is now being cared for by the shelter until they find a foster home for her.

In the meantime, she is enjoying her nice, warm bed and all of the love she’s getting.

Unfortunately, it’s unknown what cruel person left Nestle in the dumpster.