Volunteers of D.C.’s Humane Rescue Alliance found a severely emaciated Pit Bull mix in a gutter in Okie Street NE. The dehydrated 9-month-old pup, later named Shepherd, was stuck in the gutter for 12 hours, and his organs were slowly shutting down.

 

Source: WUSA9/YouTube

 

Shepherd was rushed to a local hospital. The vet didn’t see much hope for him as he would collapse all the time and had severe mange rotting away his skin. But after 1 week of intensive care, Shepherd passed this critical stage and slowly found the strength to live again!

Shepherd has now been shifted to a foster home in Burke, Virginia. His foster mom Kim O’Keefe finds it revolting that someone so cruelly hurt the sweet, loving and…  Click To Continue Reading This story. . .

Click To Continue Reading This story. . .

 

When your dog is begging for the delicious food in your hand, it’s always tempting to give in—especially when the scraps will otherwise go to waste. But think twice about serving human food to your pup. Plenty of common foods, seasonings, and additives are actually toxic for dogs to consume. Other treats should be avoided because of high fat or sodium content, both of which cause more issues for pets than for people.  Click to read >> 9 Dangerous Treats For Dogs – Please take a moment to read…


9 Dangerous Treats For Dogs – Please take a moment to read…