Just when you think you’ve heard and seen it all, think again. The Transportation Safety Administration (TSA) will stop using dogs with pointy ears in airports because they scare children. Take a moment to re-read that sentence. The dogs who are there to serve, protect, and assist TSA officials are scanning baggage and passengers with their amazing noses. Now, certain breeds won’t be allowed to serve for TSA.

Source: Pexels

In an interview for the Washington Examiner,  TSA Administrator David Pekoske, stated, “We find the passenger acceptance of floppy ear dogs is just better. It presents just a little bit less of a concern.”

Joe Burbank/Twitter

Of the 1,200 dogs used by TSA across the United States, 80 percent have droopy ears, with the remaining 20 percent having cone-shaped or ‘pointy’ ears.

Apparently, TSA is getting feedback that dogs like German Shepherds and Doberman Pinschers are scary for kids, so they won’t be using them as they once did.

video source

What do you think about this new regulation? Do you agree that “pointy-eared” dogs are scarier for kids than “floppy-eared” dogs?

Joe Burbank/Twitter

Watch the video below for more on the story!

Follow the incredibly talented Joe Burbank on Twitter to see more of his breathtaking photography! Feature image courtesy of @joeburb via Twitter